Sunday, February 17, 2013

Comfort Food






We had a cold snap (ok, it was 65 degrees) but I felt the need for some stick-to-your-ribs cuisine so headed down to my favorite cafe on the Plaza, Don Tomás, for the sausage plate with grilled onions and chills and nopales.  As satisfying as that turned out to be, I headed around the corner to San Augustín for their famous hot chocolate and churros.  You get three with your hot chocolate, so what could I do?  Note the huge oil painting of San Augustín himself being served hot chocolate by a putto.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sausage plate made me soooo hungry, I actually went out & bought some sausages, but would really like to be there with you eating it, especially the dessert!!! May I have some more...Yes, please!!!

    ReplyDelete